Transforming Health Together works with small stores in Region 7 counties to strengthen the sales and access of healthy food options. Traditionally, we lived in communities that were reliant on growing food for themselves and their community. Now we’re working to come back to our roots, and assist small family stores and convenient stores that are in communities not in close proximity to a grocery store to help bring back the concept of local, fresh foods in our neighborhoods and improve healthy food access throughout the region
Transforming Health Together can assist small stores with technical support, resources for healthy food displays and signage, and marketing of your stores initiative. Contact Melissa Rockett today, if you are interested in getting started.
Why should your small food store stock healthy food?
- Stocking healthy food means good business for store owners
- New products and more variety in your store attract new customers and helps your business stand out
- Healthy food yields higher profits
- Local farmers can connect with small stores as an additional source of revenue for both the farmer and the store owner
- There is a growing demand for healthy, convenient, and high quality foods
- People with access to healthy food and beverages are more likely to have a lower risk for chronic disease
Healthy Food Retail Stores in Region 7:
- 5 Points Food Mart- 5501 NC Hwy 903, Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870
- Bradberry Grocery- 5265 Taylors Store Rd, Nashville, NC 27856
- Charles E Barnes Store- 13726 Buffalo Rd, Clayton, NC 27527
- Eagle Mart- 347 S Bickett Blvd, Louisburg, NC 27549
- Green Store- 4170 NC 48, Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870
- Rick’s Town and Country Mart- 101 W 2nd. St., Weldon, NC 27890
- Ronnie’s Country Store- 280 US-701, Four Oaks, NC 27524
- Town and Country Food Mart- 4662 Hwy 158, Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870
Click here to visit the North Carolina Directory of Stores with the NC Healthy Food Retail Designation.
Healthy Food Sold Here: A Guide to Providing Healthy Foods in Small Food Store
Sell Healthy Guide
Assessment tool for small food stores
North Carolina Healthy Food Retail Designation for Small Food Stores